Qatar Tourism reveals new projects for FIFA World Cup 2022
For catering to the fans, more than 40 hotels are scheduled to be opened over the next 12 months
To meet demand of FIFA World Cup 2022, Qatar is looking to utilise every available accommodation option. More than 40 hotels are scheduled to be opened over the next 12 months, as Qatar gears up to welcome more than one million fans across the duration of the tournament. Innovative choices for fans will include camping in the desert and staying onboard a temporarily moored cruise liner with stunning views of Doha’s cityscape skyline. Qatar will have up to 130,000 available rooms for the one million-plus fans expected over the course of the 28-day tournament.
“Football fans will have an exceptional variety of accommodation options to choose from. We want travellers to discover the best of Qatari and Middle Eastern hospitality and have an unforgettable experience that will make them want to return. As well as watching the football, we encourage all fans to investigate Qatar’s variety of attractions, from sampling the local cuisine to exploring our iconic museums, from exhilarating dune bashing to relaxing in the spa or at the beach, there is something for everyone,” said Berthold Trenkel, Chief Operating Officer, Qatar Tourism.
10 of the most exciting new hotels and attractions include:
1. Qetaifan Island North: The island will be close to Lusail Stadium where the finals of the FIFA World Cup 2022™ will take place.
2. Katara Towers: Hosting a five-star hotel, the iconic towers in Lusail represent the traditional scimitar swords. The building will also debut the Fairmont and Raffles brands in Qatar.
3. Place Vendôme: Place Vendôme is set to open in the city of Lusail in Qatar and will bring together retail, leisure and entertainment.
4. Rosewood: Located in two stunning towers inspired by Qatar’s coral reefs, Rosewood Doha and Rosewood Residence Doha will consist of a luxury hotel, spa, and state-of-the-art fitness centre.
5. Aljaber Twin Towers: One of the Aljaber Twin Towers will be a 22-storey hotel in the Marina District, offering apartments, royal suites and a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant overlooking the Arab Gulf.
6. Pullman Doha: Brilliantly situated in Doha’s most prominent district, the five-star Pullman Doha West Bay hotel will be set in a stunning high-rise modern tower.
7. Dream Doha: The amazing 266-room property will feature eight different dining and nightlife venues, 35 residential apartments, as well as a lush pool area; all combining to create a segment-defining hospitality experience.
8. The St. Regis Marsa Arabia Island: The hotel will offer an exceptional oasis with a unique stand-alone location that sets it apart from any development in Qatar.
9. ME Doha: The hotel will boast 235 room keys, MICE facilities, an infinity pool and a range of dining options.
10. West Walk: A unique mixed-use development in the heart of Doha’s most popular neighbourhood, with a four-star hotel, cinema, and hypermarket, with lots of cafes and shops.
The new properties add to a large list of major developments and openings launched in the past two years. Every new hotel and attraction contributes a unique amenity or experience to Qatar’s existing 180+ property portfolio. The country’s priority is for all fans and travellers who visit Qatar to have a safe and seamless end-to-end experience.
Around The World